Jenn Mello and Film Interchange proudly present...
MAKING YOUR PROJECTS HAPPEN: Successful Film/TV Producing & Financing
The Highly Acclaimed and Anticipated Workshop by Former ICM Agent & Award-Winning Filmmaker & Author
A Professional Workshop on Creative Entrepreneurship
MAKING YOUR PROJECTS HAPPEN: Successful Film/TV Producing and Financing!
An acclaimed and intense professional 5-hour workshop geared toward producers, investors, filmmakers, directors, key crew, screenwriters, editors, journalists, actors other working and successful creative professionals who want to produce films, TV and web series.
This is an insider's no-bull, no fluff presentation of the real movie and televison business.
This is great for investors and also professional industry. It is a well known fact that to keep working professionally as an actor, writer , director and producer in any aspect of movies and media these days,you need to create your own opportunities and make your own projects.This workshop is for those in the business and those who want to enter the business. It is based on 30 years of experience and analysis of the qualities and traits that successful film/TV producers share.
MAKING YOUR PROJECTS HAPPEN: Successful Film/TV Producing and Financing! is extremely empowering (if not life-transforming) bottom-line and nuts-and-bolts. No fluff. You will be taking 20-30 pages of notes! By the author of the the highly anticipated book: BEYOND THE CRAFT: What You Need to Know to Make A Living Creatively to be published in 2016.
Space is limited--Register today!
JIM WILL COVER MOST OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Selecting and researching the right script
- Literary gold mining
- Distinguishing yourself and your projects
- Creating superb promotional materials
- Pitching yourself and your projects
- Where the financing comes from
- How to find, approach, research and convince investors
- How to produce or invest in theater, television and new media
- How to package yourself as a creative
- What you need to know about domestic and international tax incentives and other soft money
- Film Producing advantages of holding a foreign passport
- Current status of the independent film industry
- What genres/budget ranges are working now
- Art of the schmooze
- Assembling a team whose sum is greater than its parts
- Overcoming creative career self-sabotage
- Understanding and succeeding with agents and managers
- Distributors and sales agents--what you need to know
- Branding your film
- Do It Yourself Distribution
- Social Media Marketing for producers
- Making it happen on your own
Reserve today! Space is limited.
About Jim Jermanok:
Jim Jermanok is an award-winning writer, director and producer, creative success expert, consultant and speaker. Jim wrote and produced the highly acclaimed romantic comedy, “Passionada,” which was released by Columbia Tri Star in over 150 countries. His latest film “Em” recently won the Grand Jury Prize at the Seattle International Film Festival and the Criterion International Inspiration Award. It was released recently by Vanguard Cinema and SnagFilms. He is also active in TV, Theater and New Media. Last year, Jim Jermanok wrote and directed “Homophonia,” a political comedy film on gay marriage rights which has appeared at over 50 film festivals while winning several of them. Mr. Jermanok is a former ICM Agent who helped to represent Arthur Miller, Shirley MacLaine, John Chancellor, Ben Kingsley, Dudley Moore, Helen Hayes, Alan Arkin and General H. Norman Schwarzkopf, among others. Jim also speaks and conducts workshops worldwide on the subject of his 2016 upcoming book, BEYOND THE CRAFT: What You Need to Know to Make A Living Creatively, as well as Successful Film/TV Producing & Financing and The Art and Business of Screenwriting.
Jim Jermanok has spoken to hundreds of audiences worldwide at entertainment conferences, colleges and universities, film festivals, theaters, and media/arts organizations on the 30 years of wisdom he's acquired about succeeding in the world of entertainment and media.